I've been in touch with my US friends this past week and they are all talking about the leaves that are already beginning to fall, kids that are back in school, and pumpkin-spice-flavoured food!
When I think of Autumn/Fall, I immediately think of apple picking, and leaves with colours of red and orange. Halloween and Thanksgiving are fond memories from when I lived in the USA as a teenager. I associate these holidays with smells of cinnamon, clove, and other spices, along with vanilla, nutmeg, pine and even orange. Fall is such a great time for baking, and preparing for holiday family time, and dinners.
For me, that is like Heaven. So its no big surprise that I really enjoy making different kinds of Fall Do-It-Yourself Blends with my dōTERRA oils. The smells are incredible and each aroma can remind me of the holidays that are coming, memories I have of past holidays, and they make my home smell of the most incredible spicy and sweet flavours. As if the smell wasn't good enough, the added health benefits of using my essential oils in homemade body product, or with cooking, or with diffusing in my home, is just such a huge plus. If you are like me, then you will love these simple dōTERRA DIY recipes!
Fall Exfoliating Skin Scrub
- 3/4 cup organic, raw cane brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut oil (or a carrier oil of your choice)
- 4 drops of dōTERRA Cassia essential Oil
- 4 drops of dōTERRA Ginger essential Oil
- 4 drops of dōTERRA Clove essential oil
- Combine your sugar and coconut oil into a bowl
- Add the essential oils
- Stir until well mixed, and feel free to add more sugar or coconut oil for your choice of thickness
- Place your scrub in an air-tight glass container, and use several times per week for scrubbing and exfoliating the skin
Cinnamon Apple Chips
Cinnamon Apple Chips are the perfect treat for baking in the fall. They are sweet, crispy, and when using your dōTERRA Cinnamon essential oil, then they have a delicious hint of cinnamon. Pack them in your children’s lunchboxes as a healthy, and delicious, alternative to potato chips. And be warned, these chips are addictive, and they will make your home smell like the perfect Fall day.
- 7-8 medium sized apples
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 6 drops of dōTERRA Cinnamon essential oil
- Preheat your oven to 125` C (225` F)
- Place parchment paper on 2 baking sheets
- Combine sugar and cinnamon essential oil in a small bowl, and stir well
- Slice your apples into thin slices
- Place your apples on your covered baking sheets, in a single layer
- Sprinkle apple slices with the cinnamon sugar blend
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Flip your apples over, halfway through cooking. When the apple edges start to curl, your apple crisps are done. Place them on a wire rack to cool and crisp up.
Don't forget to enjoy some of these incredible Fall dōTERRA diffuser blends